||[Feb. 19th, 2013|01:16 am]
I'm sorry about the long silence-- so much happening! Here's a rundown:
1. I went on the Wilde trip and had an amazing time-- learned a lot, thought about history and gender and art, and promptly lost all the reference photos from the trip when my phone was pickpocketed. BUT I'm nearly caught up with sending out rewards (only the portraits left to do, and hopefully I'll get those done before the end of the month). The book is almost completely written, but not drawn yet. I'm going to take my time drawing it. Let it sit for a bit. Weep a little more about having lost all my reference shots.
2. RELISH is coming out in a month and a half! April 2nd! I can't believe it. The book looks beautiful and I'm very proud of it. I'll be touring with the book all through April (details to come), and I hope to meet a lotta readers and sell a lotta books. I've been pretty consumed with publicity and getting ready for my tour and workshops, presentations, etc, so I've been sadly admiss in updating Stop Paying Attention. I hope you'll forgive me when you see how pretty Relish is!
3. Displacement (otherwise known as "The Cruise Comic") is finished, but I'm waiting to publish it until I get it properly placed with a publisher. It's so tempting to just plonk it on the internet for everyone, but I really think it'll make a great print book and I can't wait for you to see it someday soon.
4. A very similar story re: The Age of Licence, the other big travelogue I made this year. It's nearly done. I'm looking for the right way to publish it, and then I'll get to share it with all you lovely people.
5. I have a new two-parter comic in the new Adventure Time with Fionna & Cake (issues #2 and #3). I really really really like drawing for BOOM studios, you guys. I hope you check it out and dig the comic. Apologies for the suspenseful cliffhanger mid-story!
6. I went to AUSTRALIA. I made my Hourly Comic on the flight there. You can read it here. And check this out and try not to be too jelly:
And a final note:
I have long said I'd never forsake ye olde LJ. And I won't. There's still no platform I prefer, no community I like better for art and comments and support. But it's not a micro-blogging platform, and sometimes you just gotta post a little drawing to get it up there. So while I'll keep updating my LJ with big posts like this one, for little day-to-day stuff, please check this out...
Here's a link I never thought I'd be posting:
(I know, I said I'd never have one, but ok it's pretty hard not to these days. I'm adapting. An old blog learning new tricks!)
FIND ME IN ALL OVER THE PLACE:
got dumped last night ... and your video really brightened my morning and put a smile on my face :)
oh yeah. tumblr. you can not avoid it anymore. sadly.
just to let you as a long term follower ill go follow you there.http://tristanwilder.tumblr.com/
Awesomesocks that you visited Australia, even though it was a little cold. Hopefully you'll come back again and visit more out west as it is very pretty country.
I really like that song, and your rendition is great! :D Yaay uke videos!
That's lame that you lost your phone, but I hope that it doesn't make drawing the Wilde Epic too difficult!
So much stuff coming up! How exciting! :D
Yep, I miss the good old LJ days, were memes meant we all drew the same thing.
I recently bit the bullet too and started using my Tumblr, I really does suit that need to share little bits and pieces and stay tuned into what others are creatinghttp://awcomix.tumblr.comEdited at 2013-02-19 10:36 am (UTC)
soo i have to do this project for school where i have to "interview" someone with the career i want to pursue, and considering you're like one of my favorite graphic novelists/ illustrators, i thought id ask you. I figured i could just email the questions to you or post them in a comment or whatever and you could reply. If it's a problem don't sweat it, I'll still love you (probably) haha no I'm kidding, you're awesome.
PS: i also dabble in ukulele
An artist *and* ukulele player? Woo! :-) Seriously, that's some nice uke playing and you have a great voice.
I keep checking back on LJ too... which is why it's so great to see you here!