||[Feb. 19th, 2013|01:16 am]
I'm sorry about the long silence-- so much happening! Here's a rundown:
1. I went on the Wilde trip and had an amazing time-- learned a lot, thought about history and gender and art, and promptly lost all the reference photos from the trip when my phone was pickpocketed. BUT I'm nearly caught up with sending out rewards (only the portraits left to do, and hopefully I'll get those done before the end of the month). The book is almost completely written, but not drawn yet. I'm going to take my time drawing it. Let it sit for a bit. Weep a little more about having lost all my reference shots.
2. RELISH is coming out in a month and a half! April 2nd! I can't believe it. The book looks beautiful and I'm very proud of it. I'll be touring with the book all through April (details to come), and I hope to meet a lotta readers and sell a lotta books. I've been pretty consumed with publicity and getting ready for my tour and workshops, presentations, etc, so I've been sadly admiss in updating Stop Paying Attention. I hope you'll forgive me when you see how pretty Relish is!
3. Displacement (otherwise known as "The Cruise Comic") is finished, but I'm waiting to publish it until I get it properly placed with a publisher. It's so tempting to just plonk it on the internet for everyone, but I really think it'll make a great print book and I can't wait for you to see it someday soon.
4. A very similar story re: The Age of Licence, the other big travelogue I made this year. It's nearly done. I'm looking for the right way to publish it, and then I'll get to share it with all you lovely people.
5. I have a new two-parter comic in the new Adventure Time with Fionna & Cake (issues #2 and #3). I really really really like drawing for BOOM studios, you guys. I hope you check it out and dig the comic. Apologies for the suspenseful cliffhanger mid-story!
6. I went to AUSTRALIA. I made my Hourly Comic on the flight there. You can read it here. And check this out and try not to be too jelly:
And a final note:
I have long said I'd never forsake ye olde LJ. And I won't. There's still no platform I prefer, no community I like better for art and comments and support. But it's not a micro-blogging platform, and sometimes you just gotta post a little drawing to get it up there. So while I'll keep updating my LJ with big posts like this one, for little day-to-day stuff, please check this out...
Here's a link I never thought I'd be posting:
(I know, I said I'd never have one, but ok it's pretty hard not to these days. I'm adapting. An old blog learning new tricks!)
FIND ME IN ALL OVER THE PLACE: